Gardening information for zone 6 Ohio in neutral clay soil. The backbone of my gardens Hosta, Heather,
Heuchera, flowering shrubs, perennials, ground covers, conifers, and trees.

Monday, July 14, 2014

July Hydrangea Hosta Ninebarks Ohio Zone 6

This season gardening started much later than usual but it caught up pretty quickly for us in zone 6.

 photo 714HostaGarden.jpg
The Hosta garden has been what I've been working on this year although most of that is not shown in this photo. Just waiting for the Acer palmatun Emperor to grow enough to do a little shading of this area.

 photo 714Overview.jpg
The large overview of the biggest gardens. My Acer palmatum Fireglow is always a standout.

 photo 714GateGarden.jpg  photo 714GateGarden2.jpg
The Ninebarks on are doing some nice growing this season. Feel they''ll easily be above the fence within the next couple of years.

 photo 714HydrangeaQuickFire614.jpg  photo 714HydrangeaQuickFire714.jpg
Hydrangea Quick Fire in June in bloom and then again in July showing how much it's pinked up already.

 photo 714DL3.jpg  photo 714DL2.jpg
The Daylilies have been blooming across the yard this last month and adding some lovely color and blooms.

 photo 714CoreopsisGroup.jpg
The Coreopsis is one I can count on for blooms most of the gardening season. Heuchera's add some extra color to the gardens.

 photo 714BBCorner.jpg  photo 714BottomRight.jpg
The bottom corner which I'm thinking I might want to add some large flowering shrubs here. Didn't think I would but I am now considering it.

 photo 714Coneflowers.jpg
The Coneflowers blooming help add some color around the Viburnum during the summer months.



16 comments:

Endah Murniyati said...

Wow, so colorful! It's really beautiful. Great design. I love it!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love your gardens and blooms and love the colors of the Ninebarks and the Acers.

Happy Summer Gardening ~ FlowerLady

Rebecca said...

Your beds have REALLY developed! They contain some of my favorite plants. Ninebark is one my husband always gravitates towards. We need to get ourselves one or two! Wish I had more coneflowers, too. And hydrangeas...

Sigh.

Mark and Gaz said...

We're glad to see that your garden is doing so well and catching up real quick after a harsh winter there. Looking fab Cher :)

Angie said...

I love how the colours of the Ninebarks and Acers compliment each other. Well thought out planting Cher.
Lots of lovely wee blooms - your daylilies are all looking great. They can always be relied on for colour can't they?

Neuer Gartentraum said...

Wunderschön sieht dein Garten aus.
Vor allem deine Hosta bewundere ich sehr. Auch die Hydrangea sind wieder wunderschön.
Gruß, Anette

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Very nice at your garden. That quick fire is really pretty. It's so nice to document the growth and changes of plants. Helps you plan what to do next.

Lee@A Guide to Northeastern Gardening said...

Your gardens are lovely, The Acer palmatum Fireglow and hydrangea look so healthy and beautiful and the combination of coreopsis and heuchera is just wonderful!

Diane at My Cottage Garden said...

Things are looking lovely! Your gardens all look so tenderly cared for. You have quite a collection of daylilies there!

Question: I see you have the same type of metal markers that I have. Except for the white parts...are they some kind of stickers? How does that work? I've tried using both the special pencils (forget the name) and sunproof markers...probably find the markers last a little longer....

dorothy said...

Your garden is looking so healthy! You have such a nice variety of hostas. How to you keep the slugs and snails away? Your 'Fireglow' Japanese Maple is larger than mine, but I have mine in more shade. I really like the color. I hope you are enjoying some nice gardening weather. It's hot and dry here!

Malar said...

Your garden is just so lovely and colourful!;)

Kate said...

Hi Cher!
Everything looking very lush and lovely for you this year. That's a really beautiful hydrangea. You wouldn't think they'd do well here in the foothills, but they do, and they're well worth the water. Frogs sit on the leaves during the day. So cute!

Beth said...

Your gardens are looking great, Cher! I love your hostas and your coreopsis, daylilies, and Japanese maples. Your hydrangeas are pretty too. You have done a great job of garden design, Cher!

Diana LaMarre said...

Everything is really growing nicely, Cher. Just look at those Ninebarks -- Wow! It's amazing how fast everything caught up once the weather cooperated.

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Your garden looks so neat and tidy! I like the little pine and spruce tree accents you have. The red leaf maples make such a great contrast with the greens. Looks like your hostas are all doing well. Your Ninebarks look like mine this year- they're growing like crazy so I guess they didn't mind the harsh winter we had. Lilies are always a treat and I love seeing them. I picked up two yellow asiatics yesterday (because I need more!) LOL…. I like those Quick Fire Hydrangeas. I have a Pinky Winky that's supposed to grow similarly but mine always seems small and disappoints. I like the fuller look of your Quick Fire's. Your coreopsis looks fabulous!

Casa Mariposa said...

Looks fabulous!! What shrubs are you considering? Abelia would do well and would be pretty arching across your patio. They're also tough as steel. Your ninebarks are incredible! :o)